Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Day With A Friend

It really feels good when its a weekend. I dont have a shift and i could wake up as late as i want. I called up mona and asked her to have lunch with me. She invited me last night for a drinking session but i wasnt able to accompany her because i had a date with my fab friends. She asked me for a restautant that is not found in manila - her home place. So we ate at La Tegola in marina mall. It was both our first time to eat there.

Mona became my friend because of my boyfriend. They work together. She is originally from manila and was assigned here in cebu for a year now. Their company will be undergoing major changes and she has a strong feeling that she will be re-assigned back to manila. Its a sad news. So now she is making the most of her time left here. Mona and I never had any moment time together to go out alone. I then decided to accompany her the whole day. I asked her about the things that she wants to do that she cant do at home. Her answers were: eat at cheesecake etc, shop in white gold plaza (where we heard that there are a lot of great items on sale ALL the time), go to kawasan falls, go on a road trip down south, go to 22nd street for a comedy show and eat on restaurants that are only found here in cebu. For the whole year of staying here, she barely had the time of exploring those things because of too much work and most of the time, on her leisure, she cant find people to go with her. Most of her officemates are married. After we ate, we even went to mactan shrine for business. Yes, she works on a sunday whenever possible.

When we were done in mactan, we went to white gold. When we went inside, the word SALE met us at the front door. We checked what was on sale and voila! Adidas and Nike items were on 50% markdown. I could really tell that they were REALLY on sale because i saw some items that were also sold in sm or ayala and they had the same regular price. She went to the ladies' section and bought something. And me, well, i wasnt able to buy anything coz if ill start spending, i wont be able to stop myself from buying some more. nyaha!

We decided to rest in coffee bean and tea leaf, ayala. We took advantage of the shop's wireless internet connection and surfed the web. We had gone around the mall after resting. We checked on more items to shop. Unfortunately for me, i spotted this gorgeous pants which was on sale of half the price. This time i gave in to temptation - i bought it. Ever since i learned how to shop (like, all my life??? hahaha!), it is really hard to find a pair of pants with a perfect fit for me. I've got "meaty" legs - (i just prefer the word "meaty", so what! haha!). And so when it fabulously fit my thighs and legs, i just cant stand not buying 'em..

It was about 9 and our tummies were starving. For dinner, i brought her to Sinugba, Bai!. Its this grill house on top of the Holiday Plaza Hotel in ramos just accross Abuhan Dos. The food is good there. But what made it better was the fact that its at the hotel's rooftop. The air is fresh and the view of the city lights were fantastic. The price there is also very affordable. Its just like your eating at AA's or NeoNeo with greater ambiance. Its a must-try!

After that sumptuous dinner, we decided to go home. We were supposed to go to 22nd Street but its a sunday. So few people, so greater chance of okraying" us. And besides, we were both tired and sleepy - plus - full. She took me home then. She has a car, thats why. hehe!

So before i'll sleep tonight, ill publish this blog first about my day today...

Thank You for a fun day mon.. I really had a great time!

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment