Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kentucky Fried Chicken

Who in the world would not know KFC?



For me, they have the world's most delicious fried chicken ever made my mankind. Forgive my exaggeration, but i believe that nothing compares to its juicy meat, whether original or spicy cooked, and its irresistible taste that makes your mouth water and once tasted, it would make want to grab some more. I would NEVER exchange a KFC chicken meal with anything else! It makes me wonder, how did this amazing food come to its existence? And so, to my curiousity, I checked their website and here were the things that i found out:

Its greatness was made possible through the efforts of Col. Harland Sanders - he bacame a colonel not because he joined the army but because he was recognized as an honorary colonel for his contribution to the state of Kentucky's cuisine by the governor. His first restaurant was in a small front room of a gas station in Corbin, Kentucky. He was the station operator, cashier and chief cook all at the same time. He named his resto - Sander's Court and Cafe".




The birth of the original recipe was in 1940. He began franchising by travelling from town to town and cooking batches of chicken for restaurant owners and employees. His first franchise was in 1952 to Mr. Pete Harman of Salt Lake City. It cost a nickel for Col. Sanders for every chicken sold.





The chicken were first sold in buckets last 1957. In 1960, KFC expanded with 190 franchises and 400 franchise units in both USA and Canada. Six years after, the KFC Corporation went public and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1969.





Now, KFC continues to fascinate us with new recipes and delectible new tastes. My favorite is the hot and spicy chicken served with another KFC delightful dish - spaghetti. Their spag also amazes me for it really catches every Filipino's taste buds. In fact, their spaghetti tops my list from any other spaghetti in town. Yummmmy!





Another heavenly entry in their menu are their burgers. From the chicken fillet, to the wow burger and then their mouthfully irresistible signature huge sandwich - the zingeRRR! It's my favorite sandwich - KFC Zinger - made witth hot and spicy chicken fillet with fresh lettuce and topped with rich mayonnaise in a soft kaisser bun. I could finish up one whole sandwich in just over a sweet conversation either with my baby, my girlfriends, officemates, schoolmates or just by myself.

For A complete list of their exquisite recipes, you could visit their website by clicking HERE!

Enjoy your finger-lickin' goodness meal with KFC! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment