Saturday, March 28, 2009

Predicament

It had always been my dilemma whether or not im gonna quit my job for school. I am so blessed to have been given a position in a management level regardless of the fact that I am not a degree holder. I just finished 3rd year in college. But I could brag about receiving a paycheck higher than a store manager.

The pay is really good where I am working, but inside me I am still not satisfied. Yes I am craving for a higher pay but there is still something that I feel “lacking” in my life. I wanna graduate! I wanna get a degree and finish my studies. Im currently taking a few units while im working so that i can still slowly reach for my dreams. My mom has a very tempting offer – she’s gonna shoulder my school expenses provided that I must stop working and focus on my studies. It is indeed VERY tempting! And honestly, I “think” i'll be taking it.

Nowadays, we all know that we are under a major global economic recession. Many people lost their jobs, prices of our primary necessities are getting higher and everyone is experiencing hardships. It confuses me even harder thinking that I already have a nice job so why should I quit? I was able to manage it with my schooling moreover I could do it further. I am also worried how I could adjust from a lifestyle where I can buy whatever I like to a life of a student with very limited resources. It really feels good earning your own money. Day after day I think things over. At the back of my head, im still eager to take mama’s offer.

A friend of mine told me that I’ve got to set my priorities. I’ve got to determine if my job is helping me attain my goals in life. What is more important to me? If studying is really important to me, I’ve got to check if my work is not keeping me from achieving it. And she’s right. I have had a lot of burnt out days due to exhaustion and stress. Yes I passed all my subjects but im not satisfied with my grades because I know I could’ve gotten something higher. There were days that I would miss out school because im too tired attending my classes. There were also instances wherein I wouldn’t be able to do home tasks and projects because I wouldn’t have time to do it. I spent most of my time at work.

And then again I thought everything over. I reflected and made a decision - I am going back to school as a full time student this June 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment